Use your cell phone if you just want a few basic photos. Yet, if you are invested in a professional photographer, it’s likely you want something special. Besides the obvious difference years of experience and top gear make, planning adds professional to your family portrait.
During the complimentary Family Portrait Photography Planning Session,
- Plan the portrait session time when subjects are at their best: well fed and rested, and that works best for all ages! However tempting after school and work hours may be, is that really a good time for your family to be captured?
- Share scheduling restraints (Mom leaves for work at 11:00 yet Grandma can’t arrive until 10:45…)
- If anyone has a special talent or right of passage to celebrate, or navigates a disability, temperament, or illness that may affect mobility or engagement others in the image, talk with me about strategies in the Photography Planning Session. We all have strengths to highlight and weaknesses to navigate.
- Location Selection? Sharing special relationships and interests leads to the most insightful images, AND these tidbits help narrow down to your ideal family portrait location.
- Besides the experience, what would you like to end up with? Do you already know you want a wall collection, a single image framed, an album, or a box of matted images along side an easel to display them? Let me know. If a single image above a piano is desired, the ideal shooting methods are different than successfully photographing for a Mini-Art Book, displaying a collection of palm sized images. Most sessions include a variety of techniques, but emphasizing the ideal is what we aim for.
All this planning only takes 15-45 minutes, and results in Happy Clients!
My goal is You as Happy Client!